Hyundai motor officially launched its all-new 2021 Elantra and Elantra Hybrid at The Lot Studios in West Hollywood with a special event today broadcast around the world.
The 2021 Elantra showcases Hyundai’s latest ambitions, including a Sensuous Sportiness design identity, hybrid electric vehicle technology, and segment-first wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
The car also provides exciting driving dynamics and the most progressive in-car experience in its class. Production of the 2021 Elantra starts in the fall in Ulsan, Korea and at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, and sales begin in the fourth quarter.
Highlights for the 2021 Elantra
- An all-new seventh-generation Elantra compact sedan with new vehicle platform
Longer wheelbase, wider stance, lower roofline
- Elantra is called the Avante in the Korean domestic (as well as Singapore) market
- Second Hyundai vehicle with Sensuous Sportiness design identity
- An everyday exotic four-door-coupe look with innovative molding and engineering technology
- First-ever Elantra Hybrid
- More than 50 MPG estimated combined fuel economy on hybrid model
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto make connecting easy
- Hyundai’s optional Digital Key allows Elantra to be unlocked, started and driven without a physical key via a smartphone or NFC card
- Production to begin at Ulsan, Korea and at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama in the fall with shipments to dealers in the fourth quarter
- An enhanced natural-language voice-recognition system with Speech-to-Meaning and Deep Meaning Understanding technologies and lots of feature controls
- Standard SmartSense safety and convenience technologies
- Two available 10.25-inch multimedia screens under one piece of glass
The all new Elantra is a compact sedan that the next generation wants to drive. It is for customers that are pragmatic and sensible yet disruptive and always questioning traditions.
This daring and non conforming mindset is evident in the progressive and e xciting Elantra. It provides a better mobility experience as Hyundai becomes the Smart Mobility Solution Provider of the future.
For more information, visit the official Hyundai website.