Since it was founded, SUG has produced cases for Sinn Spezialuhren, whose requirements in terms of construction and production are extremely demanding. Its cases are a prime example of technological skill and high quality, in particular.
The U1 DE case is made from high-strength German Submarine Steel, which is highly resistant to saltwater and boasts outstanding non-magnetic properties. The diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting has a captive connection to the case.
The watch comes with an all-over Black Hard Coating, which we use exclusively for surfaces with TEGIMENT technology. It’s this combination alone that makes it possible to achieve the high quality of the colour coating.
To mark this special occasion, we’ve designed the watch in Germany’s national colours. The colours black, red and gold, which have always been a symbol of German reunification and are anchored in the constitution as the colours of the flag, go all the way back to the Wars of Liberation (Germany, 1813 – 1815).
The black, red and gold flag appeared in its present-day form at the Hambach Festival of 1832 for the first time. Reunification was celebrated with the raising of a black, red and gold flag in front of the Reichstag building in Berlin.
- Limited to 300 pieces
- Special edition in Germany’s national colours with a high-gloss, gold-plated second hand
- Case and crown made of high-strength seawater-resistant German Submarine Steel
- Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- Tested based on European diving equipment standards and certified by DNV GL
- Pressure-resistant up to 1,000 m diving depth (= 100 bar), certified by DNV GL
- Captive diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting
- Crown at 4 o’clock to prevent pressure on the back of the hand
- Sapphire crystal glass
- Low pressure resistant
For more information, visit thehourglass.com.